Thursday, February 12, 2009

Supportive wife?

I have a serious love/hate relationship with Dustin's job. I love being around sports, free season tickets to various sports, and a few other perks of the job like getting sweet gift cards to expensive restaurants from the doctors he works with, awesome food at banquets and other Athletic Department get togethers. I also enjoy the fact that all the athletes, the whole Athletic Department, and everyone Dustin works with knows and loves Jack! (Side note: They probably don't even know my name. I am Jack's mom, Dustin's wife to them). But that is where the love ends. For the most part, I hate his job. The pay is awful, especially compared to what coaches make and the similar hours put in. Plus Dustin has a Masters for crying out loud! And speaking of the hours, they suck. He works from usually 8 in the morning until 7 or 7:30 at night. If you figured the pay per hour, oh it would just be pathetic and embarassing. And I hate when he goes on the road. He has to travel to all away games with the bball team. So he is gone from Wednesday to Sunday. During that time he is gone, I turn into a slightly depressed, zombie-like, single mom. It is hard to have him gone! Anyway, just wanted to vent a bit on the subject since it is only Thursday and my sweet hubby won't be back til Sunday. Yes, that means I am spending Valentines day ALONE. It sucks. Thanks for asking.

2 comments:

The Lukes said...

Call me if you're bored. We miss you! Hannah was SO excited to see the video of Jack walking and wanted to watch it over and over again.

Meagan and Chris said...

I knew your name!!!(and I still know it!) But I do agree, hours suck pay sucks! It might be a little bit more tolerable if the pay matched the hours.