Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Go NAVY!

Well, I am done coaching basketball for the year. I absolutely loved the team of middle school girls that I coached this year. They were a really great TEAM. Our motto was, "We're a TEAM, not a PLAYER." Because other teams had one girl that did all the scoring, but on our team everybody scored, or shot, or played awesome defense. And EVERYONE improved! That is why I coach....to see a team come together like this one did. It was great to watch and see! Anyway, just wanted to say how proud I am of my girls and how much fun I had coaching this year. It was crazy with Jack at practices or finding places for Jack, but it was a great experience all the same. Their record wasn't great (they ended 4-8) but they came together at the end of the season and won 4 out of their last 6 games. All their losses but two were by 6 points or less. Lots of close games! They were great and it was a wonderful coaching experience. Plus, they got me a spa gift card which is awesome and I can't wait to use it! Thanks Navy team for a great season and for making me feel like a successful and very proud coach!

No comments: