Monday, August 18, 2008

Joy Beyond Compare!

Some days it is just plain hard to be a mom and to do all of the necessary tasks that go with it. This morning I was having one of those days. Then Jack looked at me and gave me one of his amazing, heart melting smiles and I realized that days like this will inevitably come, but the joys of being a mother to Jack easily out weight the bad days. So, because Jack cheered me up, I decided to list here just a few of the many ways that Jack has has brought me and daily brings me joy beyond compare.
* The overall experience of being pregnant with and safely having a big, healthy, perfect baby!
*Jack is so content, happy, and well behaved. Dustin and I are very, VERY lucky! People are constantly commenting to us on what a happy little guy he is!
* His bright, big blue eyes are so amazing to look into. They are so expressive! And it is neat that sometimes it feels like I am looking into my own eyes.
*His laughter
*His big smile which is getting toothier and goofier by the day! :)
* The way he is learning how to give hugs and kisses!
* And finally, seeing him accomplish or learn new things. I got teary eyed the other day as Jack started scooting along the floor doing a fun little version of an army crawl.

I live for the special, little moments each day with Jack! I can't wait for each new milestone, accomplishment, and exciting moment! Thanks Jack for the goofy smile you gave me this morning when Mommy was on the brink of having a meltdown!

1 comment:

Kristin Wilkerson said...

Heather,

You hit the nail on the head with this post. It's so hard sometimes. Especially when they start to get older and say mean things or do things outside of what you have taught them. But they are so so so darling and in my opinion there is nothing more important and special then being a mom. I am living my dream right now!