Monday, August 18, 2008

Some thoughts on Motherhood...

As I am getting ready to go back to work (thankfully only part-time) I have been thinking a lot about being a mother. Becoming a mother has been so amazing for me and has completely changed me for the good. I love Jack more than anything! I will miss him like crazy when I go to work for a few hours a week. But I have also been thinking about some other aspects of motherhood....the lighter side. There are some things I do now, that I never thought I would do or never expected as a mmother: 1) I frolic around the house like a monkey (with a puppy excitedly nipping at my heels), just to get Jack to laugh, stop crying, smile, whatever. 2) I dance like a freak of nature to children's nursery rhymes songs because I have heard music and dancing with your baby is good for their development. **I acutally read today that while this is enjoyable and entertaining for the child, a mother can also use it as a way to get a workout in. Sweet. There you go! I do exercise.** 3) I find myself doing the oh so dreaded lick my fingers and clean off Jack's cheeks with my own saliva move. 4) I never expected that a poopy diaper could leave that awful stench etched into the memory glands of my nose for more than half a day. *Me: "Is Jack seriously poopy again?" Dustin: "No, I don't smell anything." Me: "Oh it must be the diaper from this morning STILL singed into my nose hairs."* 5) And finally I realized I had truly arrived as a mother when the other day Jack spit up in a store and I didn't have anything in there with me to wipe it up. I then found myself wiping spit up off Jack's face and discreetly hiding it away, wiping it into the pocket of my own pants. Gross. Wow. Only a mom. Oh more thoughs on motherhood later.....

1 comment:

Mindy said...

Ohh, let's be honest: you've *always* danced like a freak of nature ... Oh, wait - that's me! :)